“Unbeknownst perhaps to many students, teachers, and even librarians, “blog” was the word of the year in 2004 according to dictionary publisher Merriam-Webster.”
- Wesley A. Fryer
I was amazed when I read it. Personally, I was never so interested in blogging. However, I was completely aware of what blogging is and what it does. Anyway, for the sake of this course I have the opportunity now to get very close into this online blogging. After reading some articles, journals, comments from different bloggers, and monitoring some blogging activities I found that it is actually a pretty useful tool for sharing knowledge, thoughts, memories, happy moments and personal life stories. However, I did not find it much useful for writing journals and articles. It is more of an online version of your personal diary.
Indeed, blog is a very useful tool for online learning if it is solely kept for its actual purpose (education). I always support online education through forum and blogs, since it is easier to communicate with group members and class mates. Moreover, it is better for foreign students and/or students whose native language is other than English. One thing I must say, that is online study through blog will open the door for every one to frankly discuss an issue over the internet, which might not be possible in a face-to-face class. Through out my university career, I found so many people who are shy to speak out. Blogging will lessen this barrier for everyone as no one can see anyone’s face. Sometimes, it is difficult for international students to participate in the class because of poor English skills. They decide to keep quiet thinking that they might say something stupid.
Finally, bloging is an excellent interface for the new generations, which makes the learning process more interesting and enjoyable. I would love to see its implementation in this course.
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment